Made with your choice of braided mono: 30 lb. braid or 50 lb. braid
$5.00 each-Pak of 3
How to use:
- “Inch-worm” the end of the flyline into the open end of the braided loop. see picture: http://gurglersonline.com/braided-loops/braided-loop-install-2-2/
- When you work the flyline up to the double braid (formed by the loop), compress/enlarge the double braid and carefully work the fly line up into the double braid, at least 1/4″. This prevents hinging, and forms a solid connection.
- Using 10 lb. or 12 lb. mono, create an 8 or 10 turn nail knot, at the end of the braided loop. see picture: http://gurglersonline.com/braided-loops/braided-loop-install-1-2/
- Clip the excess braided loop fibers that extend from the nail knot.
- Coat the knot. Softex or Plio Bond is a good, soft adhesive to coat and protect the knot. Do not coat any other portion of the braided loop!
Note: After installing the braided loop, I recommend you color the braid, to closely match the color of the fly line. (i.e. If the fly line is black, color the braid black, with a black permanent marker)